Saturday, January 9, 2010

Moo Moo at seven months

Our dear little Sophie is seven months (and then some...) and is quite a character. She, unlike her brother, is very picky about what she eats and already wants to eat grown-up food. While she's tried and has no allergies to egg yolk, carrots, applesauce, butternut squash, papaya and sweet potatoes, she doesn't like any of it. The only thing she'll consistently eat is banana. She's still particular about formula (I can't be in the same room) and will have, at most, 3 oz a day.

Otherwise, we're still breastfeeding. I didn't think I would get this far, and it doesn't seem like it's going to end anytime soon. I don't have as big of a supply issue, but oddly enough, I'm getting sore again. It doesn't help that she keeps biting down on me =( Her two teeth bottom teeth are in, and it seems like she's got a few more coming as she's biting down everything in sight. She chomps away at those Heinz teething rusks and keeps eying Ethan's food whenever we feed him.

She can pretty much sit on her own now, and she's learning how to scoot around when she's on her tummy. She loves jumping in her Exersaucer and when you're holding her. I call her my little jumping bean. She's also quite vocal now, with ba ba ba, da da da and ga ga ga. I did hear ma ma ma for a bit, but it's not as often.

Another major difference between Sophie and Ethan is sleeping habits. While Ethan would sleep happily in his crib with the mobile, Sophie can't fall asleep unless she's rocked or nursed to sleep, and she's constantly sucking her thumb. I wish I could do the cry-it-out option, but with Ethan needing his sleep too, it's not really viable right now. I'm hoping the clingy behavior will go away once she stops nursing. Otherwise, it gets pretty cramped on our bed at night. I'm still waking up two to three times a night to feed her, but at least I can nurse her lying down.

Anyways, sounds like she's ready for another feeding...happy seven months Sophie!

No comments: