Tuesday, November 27, 2007

The original intent of this blog...

...is Ethan, but I've seem to have gone astray for most of it. I hope to start blogging more regularly and highlighting all of those important milestones. So here goes!

Well, Ethan's already two months old, and he's grown so much already since he was born. He weighed in at 7 lbs 1 oz and now he's almost 13 lbs. He's almost outgrown his Moses basket, which begs the question whether we'll move his crib into our room or try to sleep in separate rooms. He would really only be in the next room, but I'm afraid our nights will be similar to when he first came home with us - jumping at every sound. He seems to be on his way to skipping the night feed, but maybe I should take that back before I jinx myself...

Ever since he was born, he's had a pretty strong neck. He's always trying to support his head as much as possible. He's also very impatient - instant gratification is key. That's one of the reasons we've not been successful with breastfeeding. I was lucky to find silicone shields that imitate bottle nipples, and now he's willing to BF. Supply is still not ideal, but it's easier than pumping all the time. The only inconvenience is that it's hard to gage when he's hungry and when he's just being fussy.

What else? He loves attention and hates to be bored. Following the nanny's example, I'm constantly chatting with him and gurgling along, particularly in the morning. He's the cutest in the morning and is all smiles. During the first month, I dreaded 5PM when the nanny would leave and I'd be left alone with Ethan until Herb came back from China (usually at about 9). He was particularly hard to soothe, or rather I didn't know how to soothe him and was always convinced that there was something wrong with him. Now, he's a bit better, and I'm a bit more experienced.

For some reason, he's been more high maintenance today, always wanting to be held. I think he's still trying to get over the aftereffects from the shot on Friday. Either that, or there's something in my breast milk that he's not used to. Herb made an incredible pot of chili yesterday (no beans, thank you very much), but it was much more spicy than I am accustomed to.

Anyways, time for bed. He'll probably wake in 30 minutes, right when I'm in deep sleep...

No comments: