Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Who has time to compose?

Lately, the posts have read more like to do lists than a written piece. Still, must document or I'll forget!

Ethan's still deathly afraid of haircuts. He was shaking the whole time and crying hysterically, but it needed to be done. He's got a fashion show at school on Friday, and he needed a trim before then even though we're still struggling to figure out what he'll wear.

Went to the baby expo at the convention center and picked up some much needed items at great discounts. Besides the hooter hider, we got a booster chair for Ethan so that he can sit with us at the dining table, and it's made feeding time much easier. He eats what we eat, although we have to chase him around to feed him prior to buying the chair, and if you premixed his rice with veggies and meat, he'll outright refuse to eat it. Give him a bowl of white rice, and he'll eat the whole thing. With the booster chair came a Sesame Street bowl/plate set. With an Elmo picture at the bottom of the bowl, it's just another incentive for Ethan to finish his food.

We also bought a photo session package with Venture for the four of us. Herb and I had a photo session while I was three months pregnant with Ethan, and now that we've completed our family, it's only appropriate that we get another session done, especially since the packages are more competitively priced than before. We'll take the pictures probably in the beginning of December when Sophie's a little more older and active.

Ethan can't stop singing his ABC's up to P, and he can recognize probably 70% of the letters. He's even started to sing the Putonghua songs from his playgroup. All day long, he says, "Maaaaa, this?" when he wants me to identify something. I have to be careful not to curse in front of him...he's a sponge!

Sophie slept through the night two nights in a row. She went back to her two wakes per night last night, but it was great while it lasted. Ethan didn't sleep through the night until three months, and I'm hoping that Sophie will be about the same timing.

I never really expected this to happen, but I've grown quite attached to breastfeeding, and I'm already feeling sad for when I'll have to wean her off. I'm not the gushy type...just continually amazed at the human body and how it responds to Sophie's basic needs.

We've started to look at bigger apartments in our neighborhood, and I saw one that I could see myself living in. We would still have to walk up a flight of stairs after taking the elevator, and the car parking space isn't covered. The rent's pretty reasonable, especially if you take into account the subsidy that we'll get for renting our current place out. Still, I'd rather stay than deal with the hassle of moving, but hubby says we need more space for the kids. Can't argue with that, especially if it means that we get another bathroom!

Heading to bed now for some much needed shut-eye...

No comments: