Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Still sick =(

Poor Ethan is still sick and has missed more days of school than he has attended. After seeing the doctor last Friday and having his condition worsen, we went back on Monday, and he's now on antibiotics. He's never been sick for this long before. Maybe the recent cold spell hindered his ability to get better. Now that the 70+ degree weather is back (along with the high humidity), maybe he can finally kick it.

Since Sophie was due for her shots, she came along to the doctor's on Friday. Poor girl is now in the 25th-50th percentile in weight (previously 50th-75th). The doctor didn't seem too alarmed, but I know the health center nurses are going to have a field day with this one. I'm determined to fatten her up before our appointment on Monday in hopes to lessen the scornful looks. I'm still primarily breastfeeding her, although she wakes up at least twice at night to make up for the paltry day feedings (I'm usually spent by the afternoon into the evening and instead, give her formula). I'll probably get the supplemental nursing system from Medela to help increase my milk supply - beats pumping to stimulate production.

Other than that, we're busy preparing for our party on Saturday. It's a Thanksgiving Housewarming Potluck, and it'll be our first party with two kids and in the new apartment. I've already bought drinks and party wear, and we've booked the turkey (our oven isn't big enough for a whole turkey), but I can't plan the menu yet until I know what everyone is bringing. I'm not going to go too crazy with the cooking, but I'm also hoping that people will stick to the request of bringing food instead of the cheater's way out (aka bottle of wine). Will try to post pictures...ahem...will try to TAKE pictures!

Speaking of taking pictures, we need to think about our Christmas picture soon. I already have our outfits planned, but we just need to find a good place to take it and someone to take it for us. We're finally going for our photo session early next month, and I'm hoping the kids will have a blast. Well, at least Ethan will have a blast, and as long as he's jumping around and entertaining his little sister, Sophie will probably have fun too =)

No comments: