Monday, December 21, 2009

Is that a light at the end of the tunnel?

I could be jinxing myself, but it seems as though the worst may be behind us. Ethan caught a stomach virus from school on Friday and starting puking late Friday night. At first, I thought he might have eaten something iffy during the Christmas party at school, but I contacted his teacher today, and a few other students were suffering from similar symptoms, and their doctors all reached the conclusion that it was a stomach virus rather than food-borne illness.

In any case, he's been miserable for the past few days. We went to the outpatient clinic at the hospital on Sunday, and the anti-vomiting medicine worked (thank goodness we didn't have to use the suppositories!). He woke up to a rather unpleasant leaky poopy diaper this morning, but it seems like he's gotten rid of whatever's been ailing him. He mustered every possible food word in his vocabulary - the boy is practically starving, but we still have to be cautious with what to give him until he's fully recovered. Trouble is, we've got a few family dinners to attend, and it looks like we'll have to pack him some food in case there isn't anything appropriate for him to eat.

On a happier note, Sophie is almost fully recovered. She's got a few lingering sneezes, but no more fever or coughing. My nose is still runny, but I managed to catch up on a lot of sleep last week. Herb got over his cold pretty quickly as well. Looks like we may just be all well in time for Christmas!

Speaking of Christmas, Herb doesn't believe in opening presents on Christmas Day, but instead, on Boxing Day. I haven't wrapped everything yet, but I'm going to set everything under the tree on Christmas Eve. We'll just see if Ethan can resist not opening his present until the 26th.

I'll be forgoing my present from Herb this year since I was a sucker during the photo viewing. Well, Herb let me be a sucker, but at least they pulled out a more budget friendly option. Our digital shot is now my facebook profile picture. We ordered a large print of the whole family, and then three 5" x 7" shots: me & Sophie, Herb & Ethan, and Herb & Sophie. The last one looks like a Gap ad. The contrast treatment that they did was really interesting. We'll get the prints in six to eight weeks' time. I'm still really mad at myself for giving in, but Herb's made the ultimatum - don't put us in a compromising position by purchasing the photo session again because we'll never just walk away with one picture!

No comments: