Monday, April 7, 2008

Poor little guy

I think he's really teething now. I had a hunch about two months before, but it looks like the tooth's about to cut soon. He was so grumpy today - to the point where he had to be held for a long time before putting him down to bed, and that hasn't happened since he was two months. He's currently sleeping in our bed, and I've already casted off Herb to the sofa. There is NO way I'm waking him up to move him to his crib. If he wants his nighttime bottle, I'm sure he'll tell us.

The grumpiness could also be the after effects of his shots on Saturday. These were quite traumatizing for the both of us. I've never heard him cry that way and am so relieved that he's got six months' respite. He weighed in at 8.2kg (a little over 18 lbs) and 67cm (a little over 26", which puts him in the 75th and 50th percentiles, respectively. The doctor gave the go ahead for all types of food, including meat, fish and eggs. I'm glad that he can get a little more variety in his meals - peas and carrots are getting a little old.

We decided to let him try rice porridge, which is a staple for Sunday brunch at Herb's parents'. We specifically mentioned that Ethan would be having some and that it should be plain. It was only after I started feeding him and he rejected it did Herb's mom say that he probably didn't like the taste of the preserved duck eggs. Yeah, I flipped. Meanwhile, she completely attributes Herb's intelligence to the fact that she made lots of fish soup for him when he was a kid...please see entry entitled "The Occasional Dolt" for my response to that logic.

Anyways, grumpy Piglet means grumpy mommy...here's hoping tomorrow's a better day.

No comments: