Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A few Ethan funnies

He continues to amaze me. Here are a few examples:

Every now and then, I'll point to my stomach and say 'baby' to prepare Ethan for BB2's arrival. I visit my friends' blogs, which tend to have pictures of babies. When he sees pictures of babies, he'll point to my stomach!

If at all possible, he'll take off his socks, no matter how cold the floor is. He'll sit down on the floor, and start yanking at his socks until the momentum from his sock and the elastic causes him to smack his forehead with his hand holding the sock. He almost fell over once.

In the morning or when coming through the door, I'll greet him with a motherly, high-pitched 'hi'. He greets Herb and me the same way.

Herb's cousin gave us a toy that spews random Japanese sayings when Ethan presses certain buttons. He's had the toy for about a week when I said, "Ay! Kunichiwa!" and he went straight for the toy. At this point, he'll pick up Japanese faster than Putonghua.

He hates sleeping with a blanket on top of him. We have to put the blanket on after he falls asleep, but he manages to kick it off every time. He also has to sleep against the rail of his bed. When he wakes up in the middle of the night and moves to our bed, my head becomes the rail, which also means his night-old diaper is in my face...pleasant!

No comments: