While there isn't a required doctor's visit between 12 and 18 months, we opted for Ethan to get a flu shot and the chicken pox vaccine. His measurements came in at 11kg and 72cm, which equals to 24lbs and 28in. He's in the 50th - 75th percentile, and the doctor didn't think he was too scrawny. I'm still worried that he's not getting enough milk, but I'm supplementing his calcium intake with yogurt and cheese when it's not too cold outside (I'm weird in that if it's cold outside, I won't have cold items like ice cream or ice water).
It was interesting to see Ethan interact with other kids in a play setting. He was exploring the play area of the waiting area when a 12-month old girl came out from getting her shots. After she calmed down, she was very interested in Ethan and kept wanting to touch him (or shove him). The mother kept pulling her away, but I wanted to see how he reacted to her. He doesn't get to interact with kids his age, which is why we're starting to look into playgroups for him. Unfortunately, I don't have a community of mothers and kids in our neighborhood (more like domestic helpers and kids), and it'll be a nice getaway for him when Moo Moo arrives.
As usual, we had a bit of a wait at the doctor's office. I think from now on, I'm not even going to bother showing up on time. My OB/GYN has a much more stable schedule now that she only accepts patients who are planning C-section births, but I still have to wait about 20-30 minutes. The only person who sees me on time is my physiotherapist.
Herb will be home for Chinese New Year as of Friday, and I've already got my doctor and physio appointments lined up for that day. It'll be great to have him home for a while, especially since he needs a break too. Here's to two weeks of food, red pockets, rest and family bonding. Two weeks is enough - anything more, and we'll drive each other batty!
1 comment:
happy new year! i hope you have a great time with herb! we are hoping to get out for a meal to celebrate too like we did last year =)
Post a Comment