Thursday, February 5, 2009

Delinquent

I don't think I've gone this long without blogging since I first started, which was when Ethan was a month old. Conventional wisdom would lead you to believe that since Herb has been home these past two weeks, I've been able to get more time for myself. Well, I have, but it hasn't been in front of the computer! I think my version of "Confessions of a Shopaholic" will be hitting the stores soon...

Since messages of late seem to be written in multiples of 25, here's a random list of updates from the past two weeks:

1. While Ethan had the Chinese New Year gesture down pat, he'd forget all manners when he saw the red pockets and snatched them away from the relatives.

2. Even Moo Moo got a few red pockets. Not even born yet, and I'm already keeping track of savings for Moo Moo.

3. We opened a bank account for Ethan (technically a joint account since we can't add his name until he's three years old), and the bank staff kept trying to sell us on insurance products and retirement plans.

4. We bought a little fold out couch for Ethan, but we're second guessing this purchase since he uses it more as a stepping stool to get to elevated things.

5. Ethan got through the following days after his shots with no fever or symptoms. He has a follow-up flu shot within the next few weeks, and then a month later will be his 18-month check-up.

6. Still no words yet from the little guy, but when you call his name, it's almost like he's saying, 'yeah?'

7. He's been a bit of a cry baby for a while, but understandably, he's frustrated that he can't express exactly what he wants.

8. No more bottles or formula. Still having a hard time finding good sippy cups with straws, but we're making do with the two that my dad sent.

9. He doesn't seem to be a fan of milk anymore. Half the time, I'm chasing him down with the sippy cup so that he can finish his milk before he goes to bed.

10. In the latest picture of Ethan in his Chinese costume, you can see his grandmother in the background. She put on the hat so that I could quickly snap the picture before he would tug it off.

11. Ethan loves playing in his ball pit now, but we're forever picking up the balls after him when they spill out. At least he doesn't purposely throw them, yet...

12. He has the Fisher Price talking and singing puppy, and whenever he hears, "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes", he tries to touch the corresponding body part. It's so cute and funny at the same time because the song goes too quickly for him.

13. He hasn't been so good about sleeping in his bed. He's still willing to fall asleep in it, but he'll wake up at 2 or 3 to be moved to our bed.

14. Now that I'm sleeping on the inside, Herb has to get up when Ethan cries. In the morning, when the alarm goes off, I have to wake Herb for him to hit the snooze button. When Ethan cries, Herb reaches for the snooze button.

15. Ethan's been channeling his inner monkey and climbing everywhere. I swear, at some point, he will fall over the sofa and hit his head on the ceramic floor.

16. I'm not looking forward to the blood glucose test in a few weeks and will need to start adjusting my diet now. I'm always craving sweets and having some almost everyday. Must stop!

17. I went to the hospital today to confirm my booking. Going public this time around since public hospitals are the only way I can have Moo Moo sleeping next to me and for me to really establish breast feeding.

18. Going public means that my private doctor will not be doing the delivery, but I'm not too worried about it. Given that my delivery with Ethan was pretty uneventful, I'm hoping the same for Moo Moo.

19. I'm six months pregnant now (23 weeks). Haven't figured out how to add that Lilypie countdown, but if I had one, it would say, "Mommy is dreading three more months of this!"

20. I went to physio yesterday, and the therapist knocked something out of alignment because I felt even worse than when I went in.

21. I've been catching up on Ally McBeal's first season on DVD - love that show!

22. It'll be great once our helper starts to work so that I can have some time to go exercise. I really want to start swimming once the weather warms up so that I can keep my body moving and get ready for delivery.

23. A month ago, I bought two Balenciaga bags second hand from an expat with the full intention of selling one of them (couldn't decide which one I wanted to keep, so ended up buying both at a discount). I found a consignment store on eBay that's willing to pay me for the bags, and I end up gaining a profit of $550. I haven't decided which one I'm going to sell (that'll be in an entry itself), but I'll have to wait for my mom to visit and bring it back home to mail to avoid customs.

24. My mom's coming to visit me in March for my cousin's wedding. I'm so excited and already thinking about what she can bring over for me.

25. My parents have decided not to come until September to see Moo Moo. Still, weather's better then, and by that point, we hope that Moo Moo's sleeping and feeding schedule will be a little more predictable so that I will be able to entertain my parents while they're here.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Its funny that Chloe try to do the same thing when she hears "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes". But all she does is smack her head with both of her hands and laugh.

Anonymous said...

I love the name "moo moo." It's took cute! Conner was "peanut" until he was born.