Poor little Ethan seems to be less coordinated and banged his head twice on Saturday, once during my watch and once during Herb's watch. He was so exhausted from crying that he just went right to sleep that night without a story or milk. It hurt me so much to see him so upset the first time, and when he hit his head again, I almost lost it too. He seems okay today - nothing out of the ordinary, except he went to bed earlier than usual.
I've been watching season two of Ally McBeal, and the episode I watched today starred Haley Joel Osment as a leukemia patient who decides to sue God. Wow, what a tear-jerker. Maybe it's the pregnancy hormones, but whenever I see a child in trouble or pain (i.e. crying on the sidewalk after a bad spill), I start to get really sad. Today, the tears wouldn't stop. Thank goodness Ethan was taking his nap or else he would've wondered what was wrong with me.
I just hope that I'll never be in that position where I would have to watch something so horrible happen to my child and not be able to do a thing about it.
1 comment:
Must be the hormones, Trac, but if it's ever more serious than a cold, God forbid, I'll be on the next plane!
Post a Comment