Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Could it be?

Ethan slept through the night! Well, from midnight until 7am. It's about 10:15am now, and he's napping, although not really soundly. He's picked up thumb sucking, although he still has trouble every now and then getting his target right. My mom keeps telling me don't let him suck his thumb and give him a pacifier instead, but it seems like it's a losing battle - he prefers his thumb and always spits out the pacifier.

He also keeps scratching his nose, so I've had to Photoshop a few scars out of some of his pictures, particularly his passport photo. Herb's really keen on getting it done as soon as possible, but I really don't see us traveling with him anytime soon. Maybe a weekend to Macau, which is only a boat ride away. Herb's thinking about taking him to Fukuoka during Chinese New Year, but we'll see how he is and whether I can get my milk supply up. Not having to deal with bringing formula and bottles everywhere would be much more convenient. Still, I wonder how he'll fare on the plane ride.

I'm excited for tomorrow because my old company has invited me to their Christmas party, and the nanny's going to watch Ethan while I have my night out. I can't go too crazy because I am breastfeeding, and I'll still need to do the night feeding, if he has one. I'm also getting my hair cut tomorrow. I've had a bad hair month, and even though I'm not getting it chopped, it'll still be easier to manage after the cut.

Hee hee, Ethan's mouth is doing a sucking motion, but there isn't anything there to suck! I guess that means feeding time.

1 comment:

nelly said...

wow! a night out sounds fantastic! with noah i/andy gave him formula in the evenings to give me a break. it was fantastic, so that there were times that i could run out if needed!
also, fliying when they are infants is wonderful! you feed them on take-off and landing and there are no problems, they usually sleep inbetween!!
and also to let you know, i'm expecting again =) baby #3 due the day before noah's birthday! and we are planing to fly back to the states in august...so baby#3 will only be 6ish weeks! and a 2 year old and a almost 4 year old! goodness, what are we thinking!!! =)