Healthcare in the States - that's the one disadvantage of moving back to the States, which is why I'm considering Canada. Or even Europe...okay, maybe not Europe, but Canada is a viable option since my in-laws have a house there. Then again, given how the dollar has been performing, we're probably better off heading back to the States. Originally, I wanted our second child to be born in the States, but given healthcare costs, I'll probably just get it over and done with here. Plus, it'll be hard to do confinement in the States because some of the ingredients may not be readily available. The nanny even offered to do my fifth confinement for free (not that I plan on having five kids...).
Speaking of the nanny, she'll be back tomorrow to work the last four days of her term. She called me on Sunday night and asked to take Monday off, then work on Tuesday. I just told her to come in on Wednesday so that she has ample rest, for her and for the baby's benefit. The last day she was here, she made me a soup, but forgot to put the main ingredient in. It's like making crab cake with no crab...
On another note, my parents have finally gotten their web cam and DSL in order, so now they get to see Ethan almost every night before they go to bed. I want Ethan to be able to "interact" with them as much as possible since they're not here in HK.
Well, Ethan's stirring. Until next time =)
No comments:
Post a Comment