Friday, February 15, 2008

The vacation ends...

Even though we have two more days to go, Herb's back to work on Monday, and we'll be back to the same routine again. It was so nice having him around and being able to go out for some "me" time. I managed to get a trial spa treatment, but I didn't sign up for a package because their facilities were only so-so. I also got my hair permed - still not sure how it looks because I need to wait a few days for it to set before I can wash it and style it myself.

We've started Ethan on cereal, but I don't think he likes it very much. I may try giving him some freshly mashed apple or banana to see if he'll eat something a little sweeter. I've read conflicting advice on whether to start on solids now or wait for fear of getting food allergies.

I also went to my doctor for the annual exam. She scolded me for not having lost much weight after the pregnancy, but it's just too cold to diet right now! That bowl of rice is so warming =) She said that when I was four months pregnant, I was 60KG, and the day before delivery, I weighed in at 72KG. Today, I'm at 68KG. Granted, I've got winter clothes on vs. summer clothes, but still. That's when it hit me...Must control my appetite and exercise more...but how do you do it with a baby in tow? He's too young for a jogging stroller or even for a regular stroller (I live in an apt building where I need to walk down a flight of stairs to get to the elevator). Lately, because it's been so cold, we've just been staying under the covers. I hope the weather warms up soon!

No comments: