Friday, February 29, 2008

Movie fun!

I've added some additional lines to the ones that haven't been guessed yet. I'll post the answers on Thursday.

Movie meme
1. Pick 15 of your favorite movies.
2. Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie.
3. Post them in your journal (BLOG!) for everyone to guess.
4. Fill in the film title once it's guessed.
5. NO GOOGLING / using IMDb search functions.

1. Serendipity (guessed by Val)
Kids your age. Pimple-faced college drop outs who have made unhealthy sums of money forming internet companies that create no concrete products, provide no viable services, and still manage to generate profits for all of its lazy day-trading son-of-a bitch shareholders. Meanwhile, as a tortured member of the disenfranchised proletariat, you find some altruistic need to protect these digital plantation-owners?

2. Wow, these folks are really hard up for entertainment.
Larry, no! Don't look at the light!
I-can't-help-it. It's-so-beautiful.

3. If you cannot think of anything appropriate to say you will please restrict your remarks to the weather.
I do not attempt to deny that I think very highly of him - that I greatly esteem him... I like him.
Esteem him? Like him? Use those insipid words again and I shall leave the room this instant.

4. I had two heart attacks, an abortion, did crack... while I was pregnant. Other than that, I'm fine.
For Bretodeau, that little box brought back a lot of memories - Federico Bahamontes winning the '59 Tour de France, and of course, the tragic day when he won all the marbles at playtime.

5. Gladiator (guessed by Adge)
You have a great name. He must kill your name before he kills you.

6. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (guessed by Mandy)
Tell me, are you incapable of restraining yourself, or do you take pride in being an insufferable know-it-all?

7. Four Weddings and a Funeral (guessed by Matt, I think...)
I was a lesbian once at school, but only for about fifteen minutes.
First of all, l'd like to thank all of you who've flown in from the States. I'm really touched. As for the rest of you, l'd have thought that lots of frightful Americans flying in was an excuse for staying away, so I thank you, too.

8. The Lion King (guessed by Mike)
Your son is awake.
Before sunrise he's YOUR son.

9. Finding Neverland (guessed by Mandy)
Young boys should never be sent to bed... they always wake up a day older.

10. Pirates of the Caribbean - Curse of the Black Pearl (guessed by Mandy)
Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.

11. Mannequin (guessed by Adge)
I don't care if he puts a rubber glove on his head and runs naked around the store screaming, 'Hi! I'm a squid!'

12. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (guessed by Mike)
If you're a Scottish Lord, then I am Mickey Mouse.
Listen. Since I've met you I've nearly been incinerated, drowned, shot at, and chopped into fish bait. We're caught in the middle of something sinister here, my guess is dad found out more than he was looking for and until I'm sure, I'm going to continue to do things the way I think they should be done.

13. All I can tell you is that by this time tomorrow I'll be dead. I know when. I just cannot say why. You have 24 hours to find out.
The TA just finished transcribing all the governor's radio and TV comments. Listen to this gem: Journalist - "Governor, don't you think three executions in one week is a little excessive?" Governor - "I say let's bring them in, strap them down, and rock and roll."

14. Jurassic Park (guessed by Adge)
Remind me to thank John for a lovely weekend.

15. I have never lied to you, I have always told you some version of the truth.
I just have one question: What's with the turtlenecks? I mean it's the middle of summer.

14 comments:

Mandy said...

6. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
9. Finding Neverland
10. Pirates of the Carribean

Bitter Mom said...

1. Serendipity

Tracy said...

mandy, #10, which one???

nelly said...

wow tracy...i don't know any of these!! now that i have read the comments, 6 and 9 makes some sense, but the others? NO CLUE!!!

Mandy said...

the first one. :)

Anonymous said...

Okay #14 is definitely Jurassic Park. My favorite line is... "Dr. Hammond, the phones are working". -Adge

Anonymous said...

#5 is totally Gladiator. - Adge

Anonymous said...

... and I'm pretty sure #11 is from Manequin. - Adge

Anonymous said...

#7 is 4 weddings and a Funereal

Anonymous said...

is #13 from The Rock?

Anonymous said...

Here are a few for you to figure out...
1. Well, you look about the kind of angel I'd get. Sort of a fallen angel, aren't you? What happened to your wings?
2. I wish they wouldn't land those things here while we're playing golf.
3. To hardly know him is to know him well.
4. Goo is what tape is all about. Goo is what makes it tape instead of *paper*.
5. I'm not sure you can get AIDS by burning down your house, but I get your point.
6. What's true in our minds is true, whether some people know it or not.
7. What if the democracy we thought we were serving no longer exists, and the Republic has become the very evil we have been fighting to destroy?
8. You know what? I respect women! I love women! I respect them so much that I completely stay away from them!
Matt

mjmercado said...

#8 is The Lion King
#12 is Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

Quite the eclectic collection of movies, Tracy...
-Mike M.

mjmercado said...

By the way, Mannequin is one of the top 10 movies to come out of the 80's...

Tracy said...

Nope, 13 is not The Rock. It's not a very well-known movie, but the ending just blew me away.

Of Matt's list, #7 is one of the prequels of Star Wars. I'll post it in my blog to see if anyone else can get them. I've got no clue!