I'm having a hard time keeping up with all of Ethan's developments from the past week. It seems like his crawling ability has opened Pandora's box of so much other monkey business. Literally, he's scaling our family room sofa, climbing up rails and letting go, thinking he can walk by himself. It's quite amusing, until he bangs his head somewhere. He can go from crawling position to sitting, kneeling, and almost standing. He's also discovered door hinges - absolutely fascinated by them. He's definitely his father's son!
For the 4th, we didn't do anything too special, but our neighborhood was littered with random fireworks and firecrackers. We managed to catch mini fireworks from Ethan's bedroom window. After they were finished, I tried to put him to bed, but he kept peeping his head up to see if there were anymore.
Last week, my friend, Joe, came down from NYC and spent Saturday night here. My parents took care of Ethan, and we headed down to the harbor. As cheesy as this sounds, we actually took the water taxi from Fell's Point to the Harbor, watched the 'show' at the Fudgery, and then headed to Fogo de Chao for dinner. We went to Fell's afterwards for drinks. It has been SO long since I've done that with anyone, even Herb!
This time next week, I'll be in Vegas. I've already been training my parents on how to take care of Ethan, as absurd as that sounds given that they raised me! It's sad that we're going to be leaving in less than two weeks. Our visit home has flown by. Still, it'll be good to be a family again. I just have to brace myself for the endless days of pile-driving in my neighborhood...
2 comments:
Fogo do Chao... mmmm.... did you love it?
Yeah, I did, and the wait staff was so attentive. Too attentive actually. My friend got annoyed after they asked for the fifth time whether he was done with his caipirinha.
Post a Comment