No, literally. Just ate lunch, but need to digest a bit before joining Ethan for his nap. Originally, I was supposed to meet up with family for lunch, but Ethan didn't take his morning nap, and since he finally slept through the night last night, I'm not about to tinker with his schedule. We're still working on getting him to sleep in his own bed, but for now, it's the three of us in our little double bed. At least we're saving a little bit on just having one AC unit running at night (ha!).
The weather in Hong Kong has been amazingly clear, sunny and hot. It's going to be the same for the weekend, which means we'll probably take Ethan to his first pool experience (inflatable pool outings don't count...). It'll be nice to get a little sun and try out my new swimsuit. I shopped for a good 1.5 months for this swimsuit so that I could wear it in Vegas. The day I was planning on swimming, I ended up getting a free hairdo at the convention, and the stylist threatened to murder me if I decided to go for a swim later that day. Hence, the swimsuit has yet to be worn. Well, this is the weekend to do it =)
On a happy note, I actually did lose weight when I was home. Definitely attribute it to running up and down the stairs, and I hope to keep going. I'm about seven pounds from my target weight, and I'd like to reach it before attempting to get pregnant again. As backwards as it sounds, I have to watch my weight as much as possible so that my back doesn't give me trouble early into the pregnancy. Doing back strengthening exercises are also on the agenda.
One more random thought - I stumbled upon the blog of a distant family member of Jon & Kate Gosselin through Mandy's blog, and it just doesn't surprise me. As much as we gawk about how she manages to raise eight children, she's just not pleasant at all, and she doesn't have her priorities straight. She'd rather get down on her knees to scrub the kitchen floor three times a day than spend time with her kids. I've only watched the first season, and seeing how she treats her husband makes me shake my head. Now, I'm reading that he's just as bad as she is. The only ones who get my sympathy vote are the kids. (Insert IMO in case someone thinks I'm stating a FACT)
No comments:
Post a Comment