For those of you who don't already know, I'm a huge bargain shopper. Even after I've bought something, I'm still comparison shopping and kicking myself when I find the same thing cheaper. Call it a really bad case of buyer's remorse. Still, shopping in the States is great because you can go anywhere and find a really great deal - not necessarily the case for baby's stuff, but it's still a great deal cheaper than buying in HK.
I finally decided to purchase the Maxi-Cosi Priori convertible car seat for Ethan, and I was able to use a BRU coupon. It matches the stroller that we bought him when we first arrived, and it should be able to fit our little hatchback in HK. In HK, the car seat would've been $80 more and not even a convertible. I originally looked at the Evenflo Triumphs online, but when I got to the store and saw how gigantic they were and the heavy fabric that they used, there was no way we would be lugging that thing back with us.
Anyways, on to why I love shopping here. The other day, I went to the post office to mail off some eBay items and moseyed over to Goodwill to see if there was anything good. I actually found a Longchamp Le Pliage handbag for $3.50, but I decided not to buy it because I really didn't need it. I told my mother about it, and she wanted to take a look. We went today, and it was still there. She bought it and is a happy camper. Oh, and those eBay items were NKOTB memorabilia that fetched more money than my Givenchy purse.
Then we headed to C-Mart in Joppatowne. It's funny how a store like that is peppered with some amazing luxury brands at insane prices. I found Burberry, Kate Spade, Fendi, Dolce & Gabbana, Coach, Ferragamo, Stuart Weitzman, and Yves St. Laurent. I even found beautiful Carolina Herrera wedding gowns! I caved and bought a pair of Celine sandals that matches a purse that I have in HK. Of course, it's final sale, and I don't have the purse with me, so I don't know if it totally matches. Oh well, it's non-returnable. Worse case scenario, I could sell it second hand in HK and probably make a profit.
My last shopping spree will be when I head to the Premium Outlets in Las Vegas. I may have to hijack Herb's credit cards. At least I can justify to myself that I don't get to do this kind of shopping in HK, so I'm really shopping for the whole year!
Who am I kidding?
1 comment:
wow! you are a shopper!! i would love to do lots of shopping when i am over as well, but really...we have no money!!
Post a Comment