I really have to hand it to our little Piglet. He was such a sport during all of the travels, and he actually made it through better than I did! Going through security in HK was a breeze. One of the security staff saw us with Ethan and let us go through the crew security checkpoint without having to take Ethan out of the stroller. We ate breakfast at the food court and fed Ethan, and he pooped before we boarded, which was nice to not have to deal with during the flight. He unfortunately spit up a bit while I fed him, but I managed to wipe it up okay and didn't need a change of clothes.
We boarded the flight for LAX, and we were fortunate enough to get United Economy Plus. It turns out that we had all four center seats to ourselves, and Ethan was able to sleep in between us. It wasn't too comfortable for me because I prefer window where I can lean and put pressure off my tailbone, but I was very grateful that the flight wasn't too full. The flight attendants even shooed off people who tried to get into the Economy Plus section, so we didn't feel too guilty when Ethan got upset. We got so many compliments with how good he was - I'm just hoping the flight back will be just as pleasant!
We arrived in LAX, went through immigration, and were the first to get our bags to go through customs. Going through domestic security was a little more challenging, but we managed. The flight from LAX to Denver was really turbulent, but Ethan slept through most of the way on our laps. I, on the other hand, was struggling to keep my lunch down and was very thankful when we finally landed.
Denver has been amazing. It's been wonderful to see my friends, and the landscape here is just breathtaking. We haven't done too much the past few days - mostly catching up, getting through jet lag and and eating VERY American food! Ethan didn't even mind getting licked by a dog. I'll try to post some pictures later once Herb and I regroup after his trip to El Paso (he's got the camera).
3 comments:
wow...that's awesome that it went that smooth. :)
wonderful to hear that all went well! what a blessing =) take care and enjoy denver...i would love to go there! colorado has been one of my favourite states i have visited so far!
Glad to hear you made it safe and sound (and sane!) ;)
Post a Comment