Wednesday, May 28, 2008

We're on strike

A milk strike, that is. Ever since Ethan's been in Baltimore, he's been really fussy with milk and solids, and he's only having about 12oz of milk and two meals of solids (half of his usual portions when in HK). I'm worried, but at the same time, he's still a really happy baby (just not at feeding time). I don't know if it's because the water tastes very different or if he's still fighting jet lag, but he knows what he needs, and I'll just keeping offering in the hopes that he'll take it.

Otherwise, being home has been so great, especially since Mother Nature greeted us with such amazing weather over the weekend. My parents are so happy to see us (I cried when I saw my mom waiting to greet us at the airport). We've been busy scouring the consignment stores and craigslist for nursery items, and we've already managed to get a crib, changing table, playpen, and an Exersaucer, all for $130. Of course, it figures that we have to buy another stroller because my parents think that Ethan's not comfortable in his current one. To my luck, I managed to find a coupon book that someone left behind at BRU for $20 off a $100+ stroller. Our next much-needed acquisition is crib bedding, especially bumpers, and a mobile or something that plays music to help Ethan sleep.

I missed the day, but I still wanted to post Ethan's eight-month pictures and some pictures from our Colorado trip. His official picture still has to be copied from the camera, but here are some from the last two months. He's rolling like a champ, doing a head-banging dance, marching in his Exersaucer, and tackling more textured solids and finger foods. He's been rocking on his hands and knees, and I think he'll be crawling within the next few weeks. Happy eight months, little Piglet!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Have you tried making it with bottled water? Maybe that would help.

Glad you're home! :)