Tuesday, October 21, 2008

It's official - he's a toddler

The past few days, I've been holding one of Ethan's hands and walking him around the house. He's been loving this, cackling every time I take him for a loop downstairs. This morning, as I was bringing him upstairs to change his diaper, I held his hand for a second and then let go, and he kept walking at least four to five steps! Once he realized that I wasn't holding him anymore, he immediately plopped down. My dad's also been holding his clothes from the back so that Ethan thinks he's being supported, but in reality, Ethan's been doing all the work, even though he doesn't realize it.

Walking with shoes, however, is a different story. Remember the gay butler from "The Birdcage"? Yeah, put shoes on Ethan, and that's pretty much the same result. We're working on it, though =)

4 comments:

Erin said...

OMG! Yay, Ethan! Not so yay for you... but at least you don't have stairs at home. ;)

Hey, don't forget to cash my check before you fly home! ;P

Anonymous said...

OMG! That is the funniest visual!! Don't blink though, he'll be a walking master before you know it!

Anonymous said...

lol. That's an awesome comparison. :) Congrats to Ethan!!

Sarah said...

That's awesome. And I 2nd Meghan's comment - he will be walking circles around you before you know it.