We've had a whirlwind of a week, and it's finally winding down. We've been non-stop with wedding festivities, a last-minute trip to NYC, and shopping for fall/winter clothes for the little one. Herb leaves for home tomorrow, and then we'll follow in a little over three weeks.
With the infant formula scare in China, we've stocked up on formula from Target/Enfamil for Herb to take home just in case Ethan isn't ready to transition to cow's milk. Now that our schedule will be more predictable, we can start trying to see if he's receptive to it. We're just about adjusted to EST, although he's still waking up pretty early. Herb's been really great about getting up with him in the morning so that I can sleep a little longer.
For now, we're also doing the co-sleeping thing. I know, I know, big NO NO. We'll have to work on it, but he wakes up crying and then wakes up my parents, who have to wake up early in the morning. He's had a lot of trouble sleeping, even with his naps. He just refuses to sleep - I've gotten to the point where I've had to drive him around for him to fall asleep. You hear about this stuff with newborns, but a one-year old? I read somewhere that babies who are about to walk have nightmares...as ridiculous as it sounds, maybe that's the explanation?
At least I'm able to sleep now. Not sure where the insomnia came from, but I'm glad it's over - for now. In fact, it's way past my bedtime...
4 comments:
Nothin' wrong with co-sleeping! Whatever gets you the most sleep, is what I say!!!
And I don't know about nightmares, but babies who are about to hit a deveopmental milestone often have sleep issues... I have DEFINITELY found that to be true with both my kids!
Oh! And the tux! Just picked your phone message!!! Feel free to drop it by anyday that it's convenient. If you just let me know what day, I will leave a check for you on the door in case I'm not here! :) Thanks a million for picking that up for me!
I'm almost thinking that Jordan's having nightmares lately. To cry out at 1 a.m.? That's unheard of for her, but at least 2 or 3 nights the past week she's done it. I don't get up with her, but she's usually right back out anyway.
However, it is definitely our neighbors waking her up at 5:30 - this morning they left, slamming their front door and it shook our whole house - it woke me up! Ugh!
I believe that babies have nightmares. Abby's done that a few times too...wakes up screaming in the middle of the night and just as I'm about to go get her, lays back down and goes to sleep. I can't think of any other explanation.
Post a Comment