Out of nowhere, during story time last week, Ethan started making animal noises for birds, cows, cats, and dogs. Yesterday, I bought him a bouncy ball, and he said 'ball'. Just out of nowhere, he's starting to talk, and it's so exciting! Of course, I won't think it's exciting once he really starts talking and inundates me with endless questions. Still, it's better than throwing things on the floor and spitting at us to get his point across.
We finally went back to school today after Easter break and being sick, although Nora had to accompany him. Since I'm fighting another upper respiratory infection, I would go with them to school and then walk to the mall next door as opposed to waiting inside the school. Nora told me that Ethan's been really good for the past two days, which is great to hear. Sounds like he's adjusting and really learning. I'm just sad that I can't go with him to class (only one guardian per kid) at least until Moo Moo's born.
I'm now in my 34th week. I'm hoping that Moo Moo will make an appearance on Mother's Day, which is 37 weeks. The endless coughing from the last few days hasn't been too easy on my tummy or my chest - MM must be wondering what's shaking! Instead of taking cough suppressant, I tried brewing some Chinese herbal medicine, and it's working a little. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow at the hospital, and if the cough doesn't subside by then, I'll ask her what I can take to calm the cough a bit more.
Meanwhile, I'm starting to get bouts of acid reflux, but not to the point where I need to pop in Tums every two seconds. The other day, while Herb and I were shopping for some baby stuff and hospital supplies, my right foot cramped up for a good five minutes, and nothing I did alleviated the cramp. Luckily, I was in the shoe department and could sit on the chairs for a few minutes to ride out the cramp.
At some point before I deliver, I need to take a profile pic of my belly. I haven't done it at all for Moo Moo, mostly because I'm scared to compare how much bigger I am than when I was carrying Ethan. I also can't be bothered to do my hair for the photo (I know, who cares about the hair!), but I'll get it done eventually.
Herb's off to the USA again for a week. Landing in NYC, heading to Atlanta, back to NYC for a convention, then to El Paso, then back to NYC for the flight to HK. Again, don't envy the itinerary at all, but definitely wish I were going with him to NYC. Just to have a slice of Ray's Pizza would be heaven =)
No comments:
Post a Comment