Sunday, April 26, 2009

Piglet at 19 months!

I didn't even realize that Ethan turned 19 months until I received the babycenter.com email that my toddler is now 19 months!

The biggest update for this month is more words =) He's able to repeat a few of the words that we say, some in Putonghua and some in English. Not so much in Cantonese, but that's okay. Also, while he's going to sprout some teeth eventually (given that his gums are really swollen), they still haven't cut completely. He doesn't need a bib as much anymore, which is great - that's half a load of laundry omitted. He's also learned to pout (where he got that, I have no idea) when he doesn't get his way. The best is that even though he's been able to 'kiss' us for a long time, he can now do it with a smack of his lips, as opposed to just putting his open mouth to our cheeks and saying 'bah!'

In terms of food, he pretty much eats what we eat with lighter seasoning. We haven't started him on shellfish yet, but he loves fish. That's also his favorite word lately. He can't get enough of fruit - any fruit! He hasn't met a fruit he didn't like. He yummed up the strawberries that my mom brought over, but unfortunately, the ones that are sold here just aren't as sweet.

Lastly, and randomly, he's in Pampers size 4 diapers (US brand) and L (HK brand). I'm wondering when I'll start putting him in pull-ups, but I can't imagine that having a poopy pull-up diaper will be easy to change. I'll probably start setting out the potty again after Moo Moo's born. It occurred to me today that he was pretty good with using a potty up until eight months, when we had to fly back to the States. Ever since then, he's been popping in his diapers. I won't force the issue - just have it available, and one day, he'll want to use it.

Really must post pictures soon!

No comments: