To sum up in a word: miserable. My chest feels like someone's taking a hammer to it every time that I cough. When I went to the hospital on Wednesday for my check-up, the doctor gave me some cough suppressant and anti-phlegm pills. The cough syrup made me so drowsy, and after a few days, it stopped working. The cough has subsided a lot today, even though I didn't take any medicine. I'm hoping that now that the cough is almost gone, my chest can heal. The nanny came to visit yesterday to make the ginger vinegar stew for my confinement, and she said I'd better beat the cough before I deliver, or else being sick during confinement will be quite a hassle. I've been known to cough for weeks and weeks, so I'm going through every remedy in the book to kick the cough.
I'm now at 35 weeks. I figure by Mother's Day, I'll start doing jumping jacks and eating Korean and Indian food everyday. I really hope that Moo Moo is at least a week early, like Ethan was. If anything else, I just want to be able to bear hug Ethan and my hubby without my belly getting in the way. Otherwise, everything else is pretty normal. My calf cramped this morning, but it was bearable and didn't hurt for the rest of the day. Nothing swollen. No numerous bathroom visits at night. Can't really complain otherwise.
Hubby's away - currently in NYC. He'll have another quick trip to El Paso before heading home on Thursday. His sister is with him, his brother's in Taiwan, and his brother's wife's in London. Of course, that leaves me and Ethan to have to hang out with the in-laws. Joy...
Next doctor's visit is Wednesday to my private doctor. I'll have another update then =)
No comments:
Post a Comment