It's 3AM and I'm still wide awake. Not sure if it's the green tea that I had during dinner, but despite the fact that I'm physically exhausted, I just have too many things running through my head. Here comes another 'thoughts dump':
Herb and I had date night at the LV party, and surprisingly, we had fun. As cheesy as it sounds, they hired a magician, and he was really good! They had a themed casino night with free flowing drinks and some canapes. We met up with friends afterwards for sushi before heading home.
Herb's parents came over to watch Ethan while we were out. We decided to break the news to them that we're planning on moving back to the US in two years' time. Their response? Ultimately, it's our decision. Are they happy about it? No, and there are also implications regarding how the family business will continue without the eldest son, but I digress.
It's officially Herb's birthday today, and it turns out that the Nespresso coffee pods that I bought for him don't work on his machine at the office...and I'm two days overdue on the return policy. Maybe if I beg and plead, the store staff will make an exception. In any case, we really liked the new design that was featured at the party, so I let Herb choose a wallet. He'll probably reciprocate with a purse at some point (because all Asians must carry an LV), but we'll be sure to tap into the employee discount that his friend will be able to get for us. That'll be my gift for giving birth without an epidural (seeing that a trip to Bali is unlikely for us in the near future).
So yeah, moving back to the States...a lot of stuff to think about. Where will we move to? What jobs will we be able to find there? Will my parents actually move with us like they said they would? Would Herb's parents follow? Will the economy be good enough to warrant the move back, or will it deter us from moving so soon? What will their family business do without Herb, or could it possibly work that we could establish presence in the States? First things first - I still need to get the paperwork started for Herb's green card. I'm debating whether to get a lawyer. Should be a pretty straight forward case for us, but I don't want there to be any delay in getting it.
We finally put in the order for our new Macbook. We get a free iPod because we're taking advantage of their education discount through my sister-in-law. Next week, I'll be getting my iPhone, so we'll be all "Mac"ed out! Originally, I decided not to get an iPhone when my current mobile phone service was up, but after doing a price comparison to AT&T, it was a no brainer. 3G service is a lot cheaper here (by more than half), and the phone is about the same price.
Oy, Ethan's up! Signing off!
No comments:
Post a Comment