Ethan was non-stop today. Morning bottle - promptly upchucked onto the sofa. Afternoon diaper change - peed all over himself. Dinner - gagged all of his dinner and previous bottle in his high chair. He's been throwing up a lot lately, and it's not just spit up. It's coming out of his nose too. I just don't know what it is, and I'm tempted to take him to the doctor, who will, of course, ridicule me for the fact that there's really nothing wrong with him. I'm not sure if it's because he's teething, and since he's jamming his fingers into his mouth to relieve his gums, he's actually gagging himself. I'm grateful for his quick gastronomic reflexes, but it's still unsettling to see him go through it. I've already ground all of his food to oatmeal consistency for the time being, but it's still not working. Anyone else go through this?
Random thought - we've got numerous cubbies for him to get into, and today, I caught him going through the breakfast cereal boxes. He had his butt sticking out and his two little feet with his big toes almost touching. It reminded me of when Luke Skywalker first meets Yoda in Empire Strikes Back, and the latter is going through all of his camping supplies. Just like Yoda was trying Luke's patience, Ethan was surely doing the same. Here's hoping tomorrow's a better day.
2 comments:
i'm sorry to hear ethan had a bad day. days like that are so annoying... i love the new photo of ethan btw! great bokeh =)
since being at home for the month, i too could really contemplate moving back there. its really tempting! is ethan an american citizen? i haven't registered any of the boys yet. i know i need to though, some day!
I had to wiki 'bokeh', haha! Yeah, Ethan's a citizen - just registered his birth abroad at the consulate and got his passport.
Post a Comment