It just occurred to me last night that with two more teeth coming in, when do I start brushing his teeth? And then a lot of other questions started to pop in my head. Is it really bad that I put in a Sesame Street DVD when I need to get something done when I know full well that babies shouldn't watch TV until they're at least two years old? When can I start giving him 'outside' food when the only options are Chinese food that's laced with fat and sodium? Why does he continue to upchuck food despite my attempts in grinding everything to a pulp and figuring out patterns of when it happens?
I guess a lot of these questions will be answered when we go in for his one-year check up with his private doctor and then to the health center. His birthday is a momentous occasion when he'll be able to ride in his car seat facing forward or start drinking cow's milk or eating 'outside' food. In reality, it'll still be a gradual build up to these things. I really hope that the private doctor and the health center aren't advocates of continuing to drink formula until the child is two, or whatever the appropriate cut-off date is in HK.
Can anybody else share their milk transition stories? I know it all depends on the progress of the baby, but still, any feedback would help immensely!
1 comment:
we kept milk in a bottle and transiton was fine(@12 months). micah stopped w/ bottle at 2 and noah at 1.5
he could just have reflux..
Post a Comment