Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Hagupit has gone kaput!

Typhoon Hagupit, that is. Yes, I should be somewhere over the Pacific Ocean by now, but instead, our flight is delayed about six hours. At least the airline told us way in advance, so we don't have to be at the airport waiting six hours. However, this makes our connection in Chicago to Baltimore really tight. As long as our flight to Chicago lands on time, the airline will hold the Baltimore flight for us. It's a bummer for my parents to have to pick us up at midnight, but we're hoping we won't have to spend the night in Chicago.

Also, Ethan seems to have developed even more separation anxiety - is that even possible? We're hoping since we'll be flying at night, he'll just sleep through the entire flight, or most of it anyways. At least this time, he'll be in his car seat and guaranteed a seat.

Oh, and the China tainted milk scandal has made its way to HK. There's a mass shortage of Enfamil now. I had to switch to third stage Enfamil so that I would have enough for this trip. I'm also getting conflicting messages from the health center nurse, who said that Ethan's milk intake was TOO high! Switching to cow's milk is a no-no because it'll be too much protein for him. Now I'm thoroughly confused and not sure what to do. I'll start transitioning him to see if he takes it well. If he doesn't, then we'll just have to wait it out.

Okay, wish us luck with the travels! Toodaloo!

No comments: