Wednesday, September 10, 2008

It's that time again

In two weeks' time, we'll be headed back to the States in time for my friend's wedding. Between now and then, I'll be busy with a marketing project that I've been working on for Herb's company, planning Ethan's birthday party, and packing. Since we'll be headed back to the States in two years, I can start taking some things back, like old photo albums and my wedding dress. Every little bit counts considering we want to have another baby and we don't want to move to another apartment.

We've installed the kitchen gate with a few extra pieces to make the gate fit within the doorway. It's actually pretty safe, and Ethan's found another something to hold onto as he's climbing his way up. He's started to stand on his own, but only on soft surfaces. When I walk with him, he squeezes my fingers until they're blue. He definitely wants to move on his own but won't do so until he's quite confident in his abilities.

He's also got two more upper teeth coming in, and because they're very uneven, it looks like he's got fangs coming in. It seems that the pain associated with teething has subsided a bit, but he'll still bite me every now and then.

I've wondered whether I can start giving him cow's milk mixed with his formula to gradually phase out formula. I've received another one of those calls - this time, from Nestle. I'm sticking to my guns, but just not sure if I can start phasing him out now. I've been giving him his porridge and pasta with some milk added, and he doesn't seem like he's allergic. Or maybe I should just wait until I get back to the States.

Even when we head back to the States, I'll be busy with the wedding, having another birthday party for Ethan and heading up to NY, all before the 30th, which is when Herb leaves for HK. I honestly don't think things will calm down until the New Year. My dad and I both have birthdays in October, then we fly back to HK for a cousin's wedding, then to the UK for Herb's friend's wedding, then back to HK where I'm the maid of honor for another wedding in Guangzhou, China. And we're supposed to be trying for baby #2 during all of this hubbub...

2 comments:

Becky said...

Hi Tracy! Thanks for your offer for the outfits! If you wanna let me borrow them I will accept as long as it is not too much trouble for you! I really appreciate it!!!!

nelly said...

don't try for number 2 during all busy-ness...just have fun with herb and it'll work itself out!! andy and i never tried once we learned it doens't usually work. =) enjoy and i really hope we can see each other when you come to the UK. when and where will you be?