Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Another dislike

Ethan was in much need of a haircut, and today seemed like a good day to do it. As soon as he saw the clippers, he got really upset. Cried through the whole haircut, but at least he let me finish. I treated him to a fun bubble bath afterwards to appease him, and he seemed pretty happy. He's back to looking like a little Shaolin monk, but he was definitely due for a trim.

We're finally upgrading our TV to a flat screen, which is going to be delivered tomorrow. I put our current TV for sale online (similar to Craigslist) before starting on dinner, and I already have a buyer lined up to pick it up tomorrow morning. I'm already scared for the TV because I'm afraid that Ethan will knock it over. Not sure how heavy it is and how far we can move it away from Ethan's reach, but it's just one other thing to worry about.

I've also resigned to the fact that I really need some help around the house. Our helper's visa still hasn't been approved by HK Immigration, but we're hoping it'll be done by the end of this month. She was supposed to be here by the beginning of February, which means she would be almost two months late (mostly due to the health check-up). With hubby's crazy travel schedule coming up, I'm definitely worried that I won't be able to keep up with things. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that HK Immigration will hurry up the application so that she can just get here already.

On another random note, I'm at 27 weeks with Moo Moo (still can't seem to get the Lilypie ticker to work - URL seems to be wrong every time). I passed my glucose test, and as long as I keep up with watching what I eat, I shouldn't be at risk for gestational diabetes. I've noticed that Moo Moo doesn't hiccup. Ethan did all the time in utero, but after reading my babycenter.com update on hiccups, I realized that I haven't felt Moo Moo hiccup. Moo Moo's moving around a lot and kicking up a storm, and for the most part, MM's on track for a due date of June 1st. I'm still hoping that MM will show up a little early, like Ethan did. It's not getting any easier on my back, especially when taking Ethan to school and having to sit on the floor during circle time.

Off to buy groceries (online). There will be lots of people coming in and out tomorrow!

No comments: