Monday, March 9, 2009

Playing hooky

It wasn't mean to be for us to attend playgroup today. Unfortunately, Ethan hasn't been sleeping very soundly in his own bed. It's mostly my fault because I nap with him in my bed in the afternoon, and he's getting used to it, hoping that he'll sleep with me at night as well. He also got up much earlier than usual today because he was hungry. I figured we could catch a quick nap before playgroup, but when it came time to wake him up, we both didn't have the energy. He and I ended up sleeping for almost four hours.

Another unfortunate surprise from the weekend is that our stroller broke. While it's under a one-year limited warranty, I'll have to send it back to the States via my mom and have my parents ship it to the distributor to see if they can fix it. It's worth a try - otherwise, it'll just be dumped. It's a good thing I've got the other stroller handy, and once my parents visit in September, they can bring the fixed/replaced stroller back (if the distributor is generous enough to fix or replace it). In the meantime, I'll just put Moo Moo in a Baby Bjorn, if we're ever so bold as to venture out with both kids.

Still feeling tired and every now and then, still have some slight stomach pains. Otherwise, I'm pretty much back to normal. I just don't like feeling so helpless, and I'm dreading tomorrow night when Herb leaves for the UK/Italy. Even though my mom will be arriving on Friday, she'll only stay with me until Sunday, when Herb returns. For the rest of the time, she'll be staying with my grandmother out in the New Territories, which is a good 35 minute 'highway' drive from my place. She needs to see her mom too =)

No comments: