Been a bit lazy in posting lately, especially missing Ethan's 18-month day - that will be a separate post. Mom's back home in Baltimore, and Herb's on a flight back home, although he's going straight to work in the morning. He'll actually be here for a week before heading back to Italy. Definitely don't envy his flying schedule!
Wedding anniversary is this weekend, but since I can't get into my car anymore (due to the tight parking spaces in our lot), I handmade an anniversary card for Herb. We're planning a nice dinner out, although we'll have to see when the in-laws can watch the little bub. We had a pre-anniversary dinner with a few friends last week, and the food was delicious. Five course French faire starting with baked oysters, pan seared foie gras, shrimp bisque (although missing a dollop of cream), braised wagyu beef cheek, and apple crumble with vanilla ice cream. I ended up giving half my meal to Herb, but it was still so amazing. It was also a change to actually be able to enjoy my food as opposed to scarfing it down to take care of Ethan.
The good news is that our helper should be arriving on Sunday, although we'll have to work out a schedule between us and my in-laws (who are not schedulers or planners by any standard) so that she's not worked to the bone. She's coming just in time because it's getting harder for me to take Ethan to playgroup and pick him up while crossing the road. I'm also tired of the stares that I get in public for taking Ethan out alone without a helper. That's the HK mentality, I guess.
I've been addicted to eBay lately and have been eyeing a few Kate Spade diaper bags for a while now. I have another friend coming in from the States who could bring my purchases, but I haven't decided whether to take the plunge. Still aspiring to be a yummy mummy despite having two kids in tow!
I'm now 30 weeks, and Moo Moo is kicking up a storm. Ethan used to just punch me, but MM does full body stretches! Had my doctor's appt last Friday, and all is well in utero. Didn't gain any weight since the last time, which isn't surprising given I was sick and had a quick stay in the hospital. I thought that my second pregnancy would be much harder on me with my bad back, but it's been surprisingly okay with the exception of a few flare ups. By not crossing my legs while sitting has helped me to keep my back balanced, and I haven't had the need to see my physiotherapist (well, there's no one to watch Ethan, so there really wasn't a choice in the matter).
Well, that's all for now. Must be getting to bed since it's 2am, but I'm sure it'll be another night filled with insomnia...
No comments:
Post a Comment