Friday, June 6, 2008

Check that off the list too

We finally found a high chair (KidtoKid is officially my favorite store now), which means I can start feeding Ethan some real finger foods so that he can master that pincer grasp. Actually, he's got the grasp down, but he can't seem to let go once the food is in his mouth.

For the most part, we're done shopping for him for a while. I've scoured craigslist and KidtoKid to find most of his stuff, and only a few things were purchased at BRU. I'm on the look out for another Evenflo Exersaucer that I can take back to Hong Kong with me since our current one is really hard to clean, particularly the stuffed animals that get covered in drool.

I also started him on the US version of Enfamil, and he's taking it quite well. I haven't actually tasted it, but I'm wondering whether formula is sweet. I did go to the website to sign up for those checks, but I guess I was too late in the game - I never did get any =(

Now that we've been 'walking' with Ethan, he just can't get enough of it. He's not quite sure what to do when we get to the foot of the stairs, but I guess his little legs can't quite step up to that level anyway.

Well, one more official vacation day with the parents before the weekend. I have to say, I think that if I had spent my time post-partum here with my parents, my depression probably wouldn't have been as bad. Not that it was terrible, but just having them with me now has been so great. I'm already dreading going back...

2 comments:

Erin said...

Ugh. I have tasted it. Gag. It's sweet, but also tastes like iron. Yick.

Bitter Mom said...

I don't find it sweet at all! It is yucky, though! I think the next step formula is sweeter, but I never tasted that.