Val's comment from the entry before prompted this one. Herb and I have decided to work on baby #2 by year end, which is why I need a pregnant-friendly formal dress for my cousin's March wedding. It's not like I could call up Dries Van Noten and ask him to whip a dress like he did for Cate Blanchett ;)
We started trying for Ethan in mid November and conceived by end of December/beginning of January. Since we're headed to the UK at the end of November (and I need to be in beer drinking form), we'll probably start trying in December, although being pregnant in the summer in HK wasn't exactly a walk in the park. I may have to forgo the beer just for that reason alone - also, it would probably be better that the two kids don't have birthdays too close to each other.
I had hoped to be pregnant by now, but given all of the traveling that we have this year, it wouldn't have been wise. I'm just eager/anxious to get it over and done with, mostly so that we can finally move back to the States before Ethan is school-aged.
It's so refreshing to be able to stroll through a supermarket here, have free parking wherever we go, to not have to fight over the slim pickings at the street markets, and to not have to deal with the hoards of people everywhere. Hong Kong has its advantages, but they're just aren't enough for me to want to live there permanently. I'll save that for another entry...
2 comments:
heh...good luck with that! actually, i'm very jealous. i wish that i was one of those people who could get pregnant within months of first trying. i had to stop trying in order to finally get knocked up!
we got pregnant with noah the month of micah's 1st birthday and it was just right.
and where in the UK are you going to be coming to? we MUST MEET UP!!
Post a Comment