I was hoping that during this time, I would be able to make an announcement through my blog, facebook status and mass email. Some of you may have already guessed something was up since I changed the name of my blog. However, I've decided that for now, I'll only make the announcement here, to my circle of moms and friends, to my support system.
I am pregnant and currently at 14 weeks. I went in for my first trimester testing a few weeks ago and found out that I have a 1:227 chance of carrying a baby with Down's. While it's still not an alarming statistic, a positive screening is anything below 300, and my previous results with Ethan were 1:328. Then there is the decision to either ride it out or do invasive testing to confirm the results. I've decided to get an amnio, and it'll be scheduled sometime near Christmas, which puts a damper on the holidays.
Ever since I got the call from my doctor, my mind's been racing, despite my attempts to not think too far. After an initial blunder on Herb's part, we've been communicating and figuring out what next steps we would take given the different scenarios. I'm trying to stay optimistic, but the wait after the test will be the most difficult. In the meantime, I'll drown myself in Christmas cheer.
8 comments:
(hugs) That test has SUCH a ridiculously high false positive rate and i know TONS of people who have been needlessly scared by it.
Try not to worry... you are young and you have a healthy child already. Chances are, it's all 100% okay. :)
(more hugs)
(hugs) That test has SUCH a ridiculously high false positive rate and i know TONS of people who have been needlessly scared by it.
Try not to worry... you are young and you have a healthy child already. Chances are, it's all 100% okay. :)
(more hugs)
hugs to you too! i'm so happy for you =) i thought that that i what you meant in changing your title here.
we'll be thinking of you and praying that you stay calm and enjoy this growing miracle in your womb!
Ahhh!!! Congrats! :) I'm so excited for you both. Stay positive mamma. Life has a way of working things out. I'm a firm believer that things happen for a reason. I'll be thinking of you!
well...congratulations. try not to think too much about the test. becky even refused to get it done for both her pregnancies. too high of a false positive rate. whatever happens, i know you'll make it through.
Mandy, yeah, I refused it too, both times, once i heard all the stories about false positives... I hope all this talk of false positives gives Tracy some reassurance! I seriously know probably 8-10 people who have gotten false positives with that thing.
Congrats!! I wouldn't worry too much about the tests. Stress and worry isn't good for the baby. All will be well. Be blessed and kiss that little cutie for me ;>
Congrats!!!!! (And to weigh in, I too refused all of those tests...)
Post a Comment