I'm keeping my answers from last year in italics as a comparison. It's fun to read and look back.
1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
Came to the realization that therapy may not be a bad option after all. Haven't done it yet, but I don't view it with the stigma that I did before.
Became a mother
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I did, for the most part, but then I got pregnant again - so much for getting back in shape. I will keep up the breastfeeding one - my hopes are on this baby as it will be my last! Still working on controlling my temper (that's where the therapy comes in).
I made a resolution to get pregnant, and I managed to keep this one. Yes, I will make a few resolutions - to keep up with BF as much as possible, learn to control my temper, and get back in shape after pregnancy.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Not as many as last year...
Count 'em: Karen, Melissa, Caren, Lan, Erin, Mandy, Val, Sarah (twins), Cathy, Gazala, Nicole, Laura, Kennis, Christine
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No
5. What countries did you visit?
Went back to the States twice!
Went back to the States; Macau
7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Ethan's first birthday and Christmas Eve - if you read my blog, you know why...
September 22nd - Ethan's birthday
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Flying with a toddler on a delayed long-haul flight while pregnant, alone
Having a baby...without an epidural!
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not recognizing that my husband needs just as much support
My temper
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Some more lower back pain from pregnancy
My old injury in my lower back flared up during pregnancy. Was borderline diabetic during pregnancy, but managed to keep my blood sugar level in check.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My Burberry leather quilted mini-trench coat - thank you Bush's economic stimulus package!
My maternity belt.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Herb - no matter how much the hormones and tempers raged, he always stayed calm and sweet. (this stays the same)
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
This stays the same as well...
Mum's the word on this one, but I wonder if it has to do with old age.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Ethan!
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Reuniting with Herb in Las Vegas
Being able to tell my parents in person that I was expecting
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
Fix You - Coldplay
Somewhere Over the Rainbow - Israel Kamakawiwo'ole
17. Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder?
The same =)
18. Thinner or fatter?
About the same, actually
Fatter - gained more weight in confinement, but it also means that I had a healthy post pregnancy recovery
19. Richer or poorer?
Poorer - only did a few part-time stints
Same
20. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Quality time with Ethan
Sleep and read
21. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Surf the net
Sleep
22. How will you be spending Christmas?
With my family (the same)
23. Did you fall in love in 2008?
With my husband all over again
With Ethan
24. Any one night stands?
You're kidding, right?
25. What was your favorite TV program?
The same, plus Project Runway
A tie between Ugly Betty and Desperate Housewives
26. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
While I'm not a hater, I'm getting close...
Hate is a strong word...
27. What was the best book you read?
Ugh, must read adult books more often...Happy Sad Grouchy and Glad!
Didn't read much this year besides pregnancy books
28. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Elmo's song!
Drawing a blank at the moment
29. What did you want and get?
A healthy baby on the way
A healthy baby
30. What did you want and not get?
A birthday card sent in the mail from my husband
A Christmas present from my husband...still waiting...
31. What was your favorite film of this year?
Well, it was probably going to be HP and the Half-Blood Prince, but the studios were stupid...Sex and the City
HP and the Order of the Phoenix
32. What did you do on your birthday?
Went to Storyville and Golden Corral with Ethan and my parents
Turned 30! Had sushi =)
33. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A down-to-earth MIL who listens
Having twins so that I wouldn't have to deal with the prospect of being pregnant again...
34. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Evolving away from fat clothes to yummy mummy only to get right back into the fat clothes
Whale?
35. What kept you sane?
Ethan and my parents
My husband
36. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Never been a big celebrity follower...
37. What political issue stirred you the most?
The election
Iraq
38. Who did you miss?
My family and friends from home
My family
39. Who was the best new person you met?
My friends' babies =)
Ethan and his nanny
40. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008:
Love conquers all - no matter how down you are and no matter how hopeless things seem, just look to love.
No matter what I dish out, there's only unconditional love in return, and it's something that I need to continuously learn.
41. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
When you try your best but you don't succeed
When you get what you want but not what you need
When you feel so tired, but you can't sleep
Stuck in reverse...
Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you
Will need to think about this one...
No comments:
Post a Comment