Wednesday, December 17, 2008

We're making progress!

We've been really good about putting Ethan in his own bed, and while he was really against it initially, he's warming up. It took Herb about an hour to put him to bed on Monday night, and as much as I wanted to be lazy, I kept it up for his nap time and his bed time on Tuesday. Eventually, he still ends up in our bed, but last night, he didn't wake up until 4AM. Here's hoping he sleeps through the night tonight =)

My doula called me tonight to confirm my booking for post-birth. It was really nice to hear from her, and I'm looking forward to working with her again. Herb and I started reminiscing about her cooking, and we'll make sure our helper shadows the doula when she makes her food so that the helper can replicate it.

Speaking of which, our previous helper is coming back from the Philippines, and we're going to share her with Herb's parents (she'll live with Herb's parents and help us out as needed). It was a blessing really - I had already started looking through profiles of domestic helpers when I found out from my SIL that Nora, our previous helper, wanted to come back to work. It saves me from interviewing, training and trusting a new person with Ethan. Her timing couldn't be more impeccable, especially with the way my back's been acting up.

Tomorrow is the surprise party for my FIL. I don't even know how I'm going to hide my belly, especially since I bought a new prenatal belt. It's thinner than my original one, but still...exposing myself to Chinese aunties and uncles will be a nightmare. At least I'll have my new haircut to keep their focus above.

My bed calls (without Ethan, for once)!

2 comments:

nelly said...

stick to your guns with ethan! we know from experience its harder when you stop and start again. you can do it and it'll be totally worth it!

your haircut looks great btw.

Nikki said...

Making your child sleep in their own bed is a wonderful concept but hard to practice. I felt like a terrible mother for the longest time. Thank God DJ got used to it before my will power broke. Now he walks right in his room, up to his crib and says "Up please. Night, night." Keep at it girl, it gets better :>