Christmas came and went pretty quietly this year. Ethan got a ball pit, PJ set, some board books and slippers for the house. We didn't go crazy with gifts this year because, to be honest, he doesn't need much at the moment, and we don't have the space.
Ethan has been acting a bit strange lately when it comes to sleeping. The last two nights, he was crying hysterically before finally going to sleep out of pure exhaustion. Today, he woke up from his nap crying hysterically again, and when I put him in my bed, he slept for another full hour. We've been keeping up with putting him in his own bed, and there have been a few nights where he's made it through the whole night. Still, it seems he's going through another phase of separation anxiety, or maybe it's just the weird schedule and diet from the holidays.
As for me, I actually made it six days without having to pick him up (or change his diaper, for that matter). Things were back to normal today, although I'm still hesitant to give him a bath because I don't want to aggravate my back or put stress on my tummy. Herb has to stay overnight in China tomorrow, but at least he'll be home earlier on New Year's Eve. We'll probably just put Ethan to bed and then watch a movie before the countdown. If the weather cooperates, we might be able to see the countdown fireworks from our rooftop and put our champagne flutes to good use. Of course, that means sparkling apple juice for me =(
Anyways, should try to find one of those year end questionnaires as a last post of 2008, or maybe I'll just take the one from last year...
1 comment:
Don't complain too much about the sparking apple juice. My brother and sister-in-law got a bottle of Dom Perignon at their wedding and were saving it for their 1st anniversary - she was pregnant... 2nd anniversary - she was pregnant again. I think they'll be okay for their third - finally! Happy New Year!
Post a Comment