Wednesday, December 31, 2008

What's gotten into him?

A quiet night? I eat my words. Sure, he slept soundly when I put him to sleep, but from 3am to 6am this morning, he was a nightmare, even when I moved him to my bed. Crying hysterically again. This time, I pulled out the Oragel thinking that it was his teeth. Soothing didn't help. Tried to move him back. Didn't help. Finally, after being frustrated and freaking out, I just decided to change his diaper, move him back to my bed, kept the light on, and fall asleep. It worked, for whatever reason. I woke up, and he was asleep. We ended up sleeping in until 10:30 today. We went down for a nap at 2ish, and he's still sleeping - in fact, he's snoring!

Another weird thing is that he hates having a diaper change. Not sure if it's because his wipes are too cold (I try to warm them in my hand before using them). He hasn't gotten a rash in ages. It's possible that he gave me a hard time today because right after I changed him and set him off, he pooped. I have all these theories running through my head while meanwhile hoping that one of them could possibly be the solution.

Thank goodness Herb's on the train coming back from China. Still thinking about what we should do for celebrations tonight. It's going to be a chilly, but clear night, which means our rooftop is probably the best option. Better run out and get the bubbly =)

1 comment:

nelly said...

both micah and noah went through staqges of hating having their nappies changed. it was horrible. with micah, it all changed when i had noah and micah would want to have his nappy changed if i was changing noahs...so that might help when the new baby comes! otherwise, its just a phase, i think they all do it!