Thursday, December 11, 2008

Random thoughts dump

Haven't had too much time to blog lately since I was struggling to get our Christmas cards posted before it was too late. Now that they're done, I can finally have some time to empty my head.

  • To my dismay, my back is already starting to act up from the pregnancy. The jelly belly from my pregnancy with Ethan never really went away, so I'm starting at a disadvantage this time around. I have to figure out when I'll be able to see my physiotherapist, who will scold me for not doing those back strengthing exercises that I should've started doing a year ago...
  • We have a busy few weeks ahead of us, with a Christmas party on Saturday and Disneyland on Sunday. My in-laws are planning a surprise party for my father-in-law, who turns 80 next week. The day after is my doctor's appointment to determine when I'll get the amnio. After winter solstice comes Christmas and New Year's with the amnio scheduled sometime in between. Things won't really go back to normal until after Chinese New Year, which is the end of January.
  • I'm getting my hair chopped on Saturday, and I can't wait to get this weight off of me. I'm aiming for a Meg Ryan/Samantha Brown cut, but I'm afraid Ethan might have a funny reaction to the drastic cut. I guess he'll get to used to it eventually.
  • Today was the first time Ethan actually waved bye to Herb when he left for work. He also barks when he sees dogs. Still waiting for that first word, even though he's always saying "goompa", which sounds a lot like those mushroom guys in Super Mario Brothers games.
  • Feeding was a challenge for a while until I figured out that he just wanted to start feeding himself. I have to thank Erin's post about Simon and the spaghetti incident =)
  • We finally bought a toddler bed and have been trying to transition him to it. As you probably guessed, not working...but we'll get there eventually.
Otherwise, just trying to stay positive and distracted during the holidays. It's going to be a long few weeks ahead...

No comments: