Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Another doctor's visit

Today was really tiring. Just one of those days where all of my energy is zapped. Hubby and I went to the hospital for a check-up and waited more than an hour to see the doctor. I took the Group B strep test to see if it's come back, and if so, I'll need to take antibiotics, which made me really uncomfortable the last time around. Here's hoping the test comes back negative. Otherwise, nothing out of the ordinary, and I go back in one week.

My next appointment with my private doctor is the day after the hospital appointment, and
given that I have to shell out about $60/$70 per visit, I'm thinking about just going to the hospital from now on since my private doctor won't be doing the delivery. However, she might also be able to trigger labor. The night before I had Ethan, I had an appointment with her where she stripped my membranes, and I started to feel contractions that night. Since I'm very eager to meet Moo Moo, maybe I'll go for one more visit. I just keep assuming that Moo Moo will be even earlier than Ethan. I hope so - the hospital's policy is that it won't induce labor until 41 weeks, and I really don't think I can last that long.

As for names, I've narrowed it down to two choices, and I'll decide once I hold Moo Moo to make sure the name fits. Alternatively, I could say both names and see how Moo Moo responds to each one. Hubby can then work on the Chinese name, which he aims to have sound like the English name. Better than employing some fortune teller kook, which is what we did with Ethan.

Time for bed. Side note: now that we have a sofabed, it would be completely ironic and totally my luck that Ethan will now cooperate and sleep in his own bed all through the night.

No comments: