Sunday, May 17, 2009

Stuck like glue

Ethan knows that there's something up with me, and he's been particularly clingy lately. Usually, hubby is the one who's successful in getting him to bed, but for the past few weeks, Ethan gets really upset when he has to say goodnight to me and Daddy is the one with bedtime duty. He's still coming into our bed in the middle of the night, and even though we have a sofabed, hubby can't be bothered to open it all the way. At least he can stretch out more than on the old sofa.

Ethan's also been more cooperative when I'm feeding him. A month ago, feeding time was quite a battle, but now, it seems like he's going through another growth spurt and is eating really well. I usually make a little too much for him, but he's been finishing everything up and even wants to pick at my food sometimes.

It's still a bit surreal to think that he'll be a big brother soon. I'll admit that he's not where I'd like him to be in terms of language skills, but I know he's going to be picking up a little slower because he's faced with three languages. He's been really frustrated because he can't communicate with me and cries at the littlest thing, but at least he's easily appeased (once I figure out what set him off in the first place).

I'm still worried about how he's going to cope when I'm in the hospital, or more importantly, how hubby's going to cope without me. I only wish visiting hours were extended for immediate family beyond just 6pm - 8pm. Hubby was even thinking about not bringing Ethan given the whole H1N1 issue, but there's no way that I can't see Ethan. Luckily, I chose QE instead of Prince of Wales, which is one of the designated hospitals for H1N1 patients.

Ah, the nightly cry. Must attend to the little bub now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

micah was only 21 months when i had noah and he wasn't saying a huge amount either, but he was able to say noah quite quickly which was fun! he'll get there!!