Saturday, May 9, 2009

Picture day

Ethan almost single-handedly ruined the class picture. He was the only one crying when I rushed in to trade places with Nora. He still didn't settle for a few minutes, and the photographers had every stuffed animal and noisemaker in sight to try to calm him down. Eventually, they got a good picture. Then it was his turn for the individual shot, and he was just not having it. The photographers suggested I come back with him after his class was over, and after throwing him up in the air a few times to get him to laugh, the photographers finally got a good shot of him. They then tried to sell me a more expensive package, and while I graciously thanked them for their valiant efforts to get Ethan to smile, I was sticking to my order.

One of the teachers commented how some kids are really bothered when the class routine is disrupted. I noticed Ethan wasn't a very happy camper when we were attending the Mother's Day celebration class on Monday. Even with the snacks and fun activities filling every corner, it wasn't the typical routine, and he was wondering what the heck was going on.

Luckily, there doesn't seem to be any special classes coming up in the near future. Although, it will be a bit of a change for him to attend class with hubby. Actually, it'll probably be more of a shock to hubby than Ethan...

No comments: