Thursday, May 21, 2009

Scholastic Book Club Program

Yay! We even get to participate in this from here, although we have to pay a slight premium for air freight and insurance. Here's the link for the May flyer and for the June flyer. Any books that are a must for our collection?

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Is this through Ethan's school? I so want to order through the June catalog. There's some really great stuff in there.

I would totally recommend "The Spectacular Summer Value Library." The Numeroff "If You Give a..." books are all great. Plus you can't go wrong with Clifford, Curious George and Froggy.

I would also go for the "Family Favorites Library Classic Collection." There's some great titles in there too...especially Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, Goodnight Moon, Good Night Gorilla and Is Your Mama a Llama.

Great prices on both collections too. The board book value pack is pretty nice too. Have I mentioned I really want to order from this catalog? Gah!

Tracy said...

With air freight and insurance, I would actually be paying about twice what they're asking for. For a few titles, it's still cheaper than buying at a bookstore here.

Mandy said...

Well, that takes some of the fun out of it. As far as the single titles, I like The Very Hungry Caterpillar, The Chicka Chicka Boom Boom Book/CD and I Know An Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly from the June catalog.

From the May catalog, I like The Runaway Bunny and A Color of His Own (I can't remember that particular story, but I like the author a lot).